Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

SyncBackFree V9.0.6.5 -- Clearing Notifications

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
beuttley

SyncBackFree V9.0.6.5 -- Clearing Notifications

Post by beuttley »

SyncBackFree prompts the user for a response about files being changed in the Taskbar Notification area when performing a normal backup. This is not new. In previous versions, these notifications were cleared when the user responded to the prompt window. In Version 9 all Notiications remain even after SyncBackFree has terminated. These notifications should be cleared when they are replied to.
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: SyncBackFree V9.0.6.5 -- Clearing Notifications

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

In my case both V8 and V9 behave the same under Windows 10 Version 1903. Clicking on the notification will dismiss it without moving it to the Action Center, but if I click on the arrow that sits in the notification's corner then it moves it to the Action center and will stay there even after the application closes.

screen.png
screen.png (33.17 KiB) Viewed 5298 times

I see the same behavior with Microsoft Outlook itself by the way.

Thanks,
Kostas
SafeTex

Post by SafeTex »

Hello
I came onto the forum for this very reason. It drives me nuts.
There you are telling SyncBack what to do and everything get needlessly duplicated in Window notifications, where the list gets longer and longer. How do you stop this from happening?
Thanks
Gary A
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by Gary A »

I am running Win 10 Pro 1909 and I turned off the notifications. The next time a SyncBackFree notification pops up, mouse over it and click on the settings icon (gear). There, it gives you two options, the second being Turn off all notifications for SyncBackFree.

Notifications.jpg
Notifications.jpg (9.24 KiB) Viewed 4844 times
SafeTex

Post by SafeTex »

Thanks Gary A :P
Gary A
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by Gary A »

I should mention that I have not investigated how to turn the notifications back on, if I were to change my mind at a later time.
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Kostas »

Or you can disable notifications within SyncBack itself by modifying any profile, then under Notify options enable "Disable profile prompt notifications for ALL profiles".

Kostas
[2bs]