Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Synck Back Touch got very slow recently

SyncBack Touch is a cross-platform (Windows, macOS, Linux and Android) file server for use with SyncBackPro and SyncBackSE. It is free to use with SyncBackPro/SE V10 or newer. For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
Roaster
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Synck Back Touch got very slow recently

Post by Roaster »

Hi,

I'm running latest SyncBack Pro 9.3.11.0 (x64) on my source and destination PC. The files that are being copied from src to dest, are about 4 GB, a complete Mozilla Thunderbird profile of about 4 GB in size. This profile is located on my local SSD so is the destination location.

Source machine is running Windows 10 Pro (DE) 1909, 32 GB main memory. Destination machine is running Windows 10 Pro 1909 with 16 GB memory. Both machines are using SSD only and the network speed is 1 Gbit. Anti-virus is built-in Microsoft Defender and I already tried to deactivate it and re-run the sync task to no avail so far. Both Windows PCs are members of my local Active Directory (Samba) but this should not count anyway.
SyncBack Touch on both source and destination machines is version 1.3.11.0 and all current Windows updates are installed.

I noticed the slow down in performance today while copying the Thunderbird profile to the source machine. I do this occasionally, guess it was about a month ago I executed for the last time. After 1 and a half hour I stopped the process, because the estimated time left says about 4 hours left. If I remember correctly, the last time I synced, it took about half an hour until it finished.

Basically, the task first deleted all related files from the destination machine and copies all Thunderbird profile files from the source to the destination. Deleting the files from the source seemingly lasts forever, about 3.400 files and 489 folders. Copying the files, as already told above, will finish in about 4 up to 5 hours.

I can provide the SyncBack profile if needed and currently I'm re-running the profile with debug information switched on as outlined here: https://help.2brightsparks.com/support/ ... 3000335603.

I've tested the connection between source and destination with IPerf3 which gave me a bandwidth of about 890 Mbits/sec. So this should be OK for SyncBack, too.

FWIW: I've got almost the same sync profile, but destination is a different PC (HP Elite X2), the purpose of the profile identical, though. I too noticed that the process has slowed down. Currently SyncBack deletes all the files from Thunderbirds profile which took already about 15 minutes still counting. OK, the destination device is connected to Wifi, but deleting about 3.9 GB shouldn't be magic.

Perhaps someone already has got a hint in advance before the job has finished?

Thanks,
Michael
Roaster
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Re: Synck Back Touch got very slow recently

Post by Roaster »

Since I cannot modify the above topic anymore, a new post.

For testing purposes, I've added a share to the destination folder and mapped this share to a drive letter on my source PC. Afterwards, I've copied all files in question to the destination manually. This finished in about 2 (two!) minutes.

This means SyncBack Pro is slow as hell performing the same job. I did not enable any verifying flag (if any available) in the backup profile nor is there anything special setting activated IMO. Please remember: the task is almost that simple: delete all files and folders in destination path any copy all files from source to destination, doing no synchronization - just plain copying.

I've now cancelled debugging because deleting about 20 files left on destination takes already 2 mintues or more :?

Michael
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

We have answered via your parallel support ticket.

Thank you.
SBFUser

Post by SBFUser »

It would be helpful to others if the solution, answered via the parallel support ticket, to the slow running SyncBack problem were posted here so others could benefit.
I have this same issue and it seems to be related to one or both of the last two updates