Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Keep getting "Please login to OneDrive (Personal) via the browser"

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
timd987345

Keep getting "Please login to OneDrive (Personal) via the browser"

Post by timd987345 »

For the last week or so, every time I run my profile that mirrors to OneDrive, SyncBack Pro 8 opens a dialog box with the message in the thread title, and the web browser opens to:
Microsoft OneDrive Code

Copy and paste the following code into SyncBackPro:
I haven't been asked to do this since setting it up probably a year ago. I run the profile daily, and it's done it every time for the last week. Any ideas?
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Keep getting "Please login to OneDrive (Personal) via the browser"

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

I suggest testing with Pro V9 version to see if it helps? If you do not own a copy of SyncBackPro V9 and wish to test it's functions, you are welcome to try our fully functional SyncBack, which we offer a free 30-day evaluation.

SyncBackPro:
https://www.2brightsparks.com/download-syncbackpro.html

Do not uninstall and reinstall, or you'll lose your profiles & settings. Just install 'over the top'.

If the problem persists with Pro V9, please submit a support ticket to [email protected] for investigation.

Thank you.
Mcgrory

Post by Mcgrory »

Is it possible to save the profile and settings files and copy/paste them over the new installation?
timd987345

Post by timd987345 »

I'd really prefer this to resume working as before with v8. I tried v9 right after it came out and was not sold on the interface changes. Also, I upgraded to v8 in late January 2019, so there wasn't much time between that purchase and the v9 release, which would have been another upgrade purchase.

To add to my first post, besides the Mirror profile that now gives me the prompt every time I run it, even for back-to-back runs without exiting Syncback Pro, I also have a Sync profile that does NOT give me the prompt. Does this give you any ideas what may be going on?
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

If you install Pro V9 on top of the current version all your profiles and settings will be retained.

Thank you
timd987345

Post by timd987345 »

I installed v9 in a Windows 10 VM and imported my Mirror profile. I got the same behavior the three times I tried it, including after closing the program and running it again.
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Please submit a support ticket to [email protected] for assistance.

Thank you.