Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

How to rename file during transfer?

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
aylincarr1990

How to rename file during transfer?

Post by aylincarr1990 »

Hello,

I use SyncBackPro to copy it from a csv file from an ftp server to a windows folder.
The problem is that I have another program that reads the files in the folder.
As a result, it happens that the file is not processed by my other program until it has finished downloading.
Is it possible to make syncbackpro modify the extension (example: file.tmp) and when the download is finished it returns the original one (.csv file)?
Thank you for your explanations.

Guillaume
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: How to rename file during transfer?

Post by mmullins_98 »

Look at checking the box in Copy/Delete, Advanced "Make safe copies (copy files using a temporary filename and then rename the file on success)" to see if it might do what you want.
aylincarr1990

Re: How to rename file during transfer?

Post by aylincarr1990 »

aylincarr1990 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:15 am
Hello,

I use SyncBackPro to copy it from a csv file from an ftp server to a windows folder.
The problem is that I have another program that reads the files in the folder.
As a result, it happens that the file is not processed by my other mouse clicker program until it has finished downloading.
Is it possible to make syncbackpro modify the extension (example: file.tmp) and when the download is finished it returns the original one (.csv file)?
Thank you for your explanations.

Guillaume
thanks my issue has been solved