Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Comparison program for all file types

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
hc_

Comparison program for all file types

Post by hc_ »

Is there any way to specify a comparison program for all file extensions? In the dialog "External file comparison tools", I have tried leaving the "File types that can be compared" field blank. It does not work. I have also tried an asterisk ...
hc_

Re: Comparison program for all file types

Post by hc_ »

How can I request a feature? It would be convenient to be able to specify a default comparison program in the dialog "External file comparison tools". I use Beyond Compare. Setting the comparison program per extension is useful but cumbersome if there are several dozen extensions to be taken care of.
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi
Is there any way to specify a comparison program for all file extensions?
You can enter multiple file types to compare by separating them with commas in the 'File types that can be compared' setting. Please read the help file > Using SyncBackPro > Basic Operations > Comparison Program for additional details.
It would be convenient to be able to specify a default comparison program in the dialog "External file comparison tools"
I will pass your request to the concerned department for their review.

Thank you.
chasis.fan

Post by chasis.fan »

Swapna wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:30 am
You can enter multiple file types to compare by separating them with commas in the 'File types that can be compared' setting. Please read the help file > Using SyncBackPro > Basic Operations > Comparison Program for additional details.
Hello, and even if we aremotivated enough to declare many needed file extension in this field, how to declare file WITHOUT extension to be opened in the declared comparator ?
I tried that :
,init,properties,txt,xml

So first item is <empty> coma <other coma separated file extensions> for Beyond Compare program but I always got a popup "How do you want to opend this file" instead of seing the comparator program opened.
Tested on SyncBackPro 9.3.30.0 x64

Generally the UI standard in search is no defined filter (leave field blank) for no filter used instead of asking the user to define exhaustively all needed stuff
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

I just conducted some tests using Beyond Compare and SyncBackPro V9.3.30.0 but I can't reproduce your issue. When I tried to open a file on the Differences Window, the file was opened in Beyond Compare without any prompt. Can you please remove the first comma and retry again.

Thank you.