Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Deleting base file in delta backups

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
caleb

Deleting base file in delta backups

Post by caleb »

I'm using delta versioning on destination to backup a Virtual Machine. It's working fine, but I'd like "base file" to be refreshed in some periods. Versioning seems to only delete patch files, not base file. What's the correct way of doing this? I couldn't see any way to do that automatically.

Help file mentions about deleting base file, and it says that "deleting base file requires deleting all patch files" but to do this I need to save only one version of file. That means I have to modify the profile to save just one version to accomplish this?

I'm also using Easeus Todo backup free to make image backups, and I see it creates something called "consolidation" backup; probably by merging base with older patch files.
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Deleting base file in delta backups

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Sorry not supported but I will pass your change request to the relevant department for their review.

Thank you.