Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Same profile --> multiple destinations?

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
joaum

Same profile --> multiple destinations?

Post by joaum »

Hi all,

I have a couple of external disks where I keep backups of my internal HD, weekly and monthly, respectively (Backup mode).

Is there a problem if I use the same profile to manually copy the files to the different external HD (as I switch them and therefore they have the same address "E:/ "? Does Syncback free have a database attached to the profile with names/times of files, or does it scans everything every time a profile is activated?

Thanks a lot,
John
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: Same profile --> multiple destinations?

Post by mmullins_98 »

I have the same setup and I just duplicate the 1st profile and give it a different name. I can just look at the profiles to see which one I ran last success & match a volume name to the profile name. I know syncbackSe & syncbackPro have a feature that does keep track of files on destinations so to be safe I use two separate profiles. Syncbackfree does scan the destination on backup profiles so I would say it is your choice.
joaum

Re: Same profile --> multiple destinations?

Post by joaum »

Thanks a lot for the reply!

I think I've already done some backups for differents disks before using the same profile (I think all worked fine, but I did non check in detail the copies), but I'll create a new set of profiles, one for each drive, just to be safe.

Thanks