Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

File erased by Syncback

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
gser

File erased by Syncback

Post by gser »

Hello
I made an error, I have deleted the target from my Syncback profile before running the profile ... which just deleted my source !!!!!
Is it possible to go back?
I have tried several "undelete" software which do not see any of the files deleted by Synback ... are they really deleted in the Windows system ..
How to restore them?
Thank you for your help
Georges
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: File erased by Syncback

Post by mmullins_98 »

You can try right clicking on the profile that deleted the files and select "Simulated Restore", then click on "Restore" in the simulated window. If all your files appear click "Continue Simulation".
If the simulation looks good then right click on the profile again and select "Restore", then click on "Restore", then "Continue Restore".
Good luck!
gser

Re: File erased by Syncback

Post by gser »

Hello
It does not work because the 2 directories are empty (I put the mirror option in my profile, maybe my error)
I recall my configuration by simplifying:
D1: \myphotos (my originals)
Dx: \myphotos (my backups)

I cleaned Dx manually (erase all photos)
When Syncback was launched, he suppressed my iriginals by mirror effect ...
So I try to "undelete" on my D1 disk, unfortunately the undelete tools available, can't find anything on my D1 disk ... (Glary utilities, or active @ undelete)
An idea ?
Regards
Georges