Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Suddenly unable to create new standard profiles of internal/external to internal/external

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
kuuser

Suddenly unable to create new standard profiles of internal/external to internal/external

Post by kuuser »

Hello, I've used Syncback for over 10 years now. Last night I installed a trial of Syncback Pro v9 on my dad's old laptop and copied his files to an external. I moved that external to his new laptop and tried to do the same, but it will not let me create a profile of the standard interna/external (file explorer) to internal/external. The Next button is grayed out. I went back to the original laptop and it's also now not letting me create a second profile, even though I created that type last night! I've never had this issue before. Is this a bug or am I suddenly doing something wrong that I can't remember? See the attached screenshot for what I mean. The "next" button becomes clickable if I choose any other options, they just can't both be the default file to file.
screenshot of issue
screenshot of issue
syncback_pro_v9_issue.png (27.92 KiB) Viewed 2626 times
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: Suddenly unable to create new standard profiles of internal/external to internal/external

Post by mmullins_98 »

New is new versions: This is a resource-type selector dialog. You don't enter the location/s of the resources at this stage, only the resource type/s (and what you select here determines if SB asks any more info, such as FTP server details). If you are not trying to use FTP on either side, simply click "Done" to exit the wizard and switch to the general ('Simple') profile settings screen, where you can click the folder icons next to the (in your case, as you are setting up a Sync) Left & Right input boxes (extreme top of Simple window) to navigate to the desired R & L paths. (Or, you can type the drive spec/path strings directly into the R & L boxes if you are an accurate typist).

If you press F1 (or click Help) with the resource selector dialog on-screen, the Help will open at a section that describes the process in detail including the various stages.