Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Unable to sync the My Music folder

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
Madmaxneo

Unable to sync the My Music folder

Post by Madmaxneo »

This has been going on for several months now and I originally posted this issue on the Windows forums but there are no responses.
I am on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and I am using Syncback free to sync files between my desktop and my laptop on my home network but within the past few months I have not been able to sync the My Music folder to my laptop.

I had an issue with syncing after the Windows ver 2004 update on my desktop. At first when I tried to run syncback to sync a couple folders between my laptop and desktop it would not work. I had to go into both computers and reset all my sharing options, these were the steps I followed:

1. Checked and then changed the folders so they are shared.
2. Switched both computers to a private network. They were on this prior but the last update changed this setting to a public network for some reason. I then had to reshare the folders.
3. I discovered that password access for the different computers was on and for some reason my normal login and password would not work. To fix this I removed the password requirement.
4. Once that was done I discovered the folder options had reverted back to being unshared. So I reshared them, again.

This worked great for the "RPG" folder as I am able to sync that folder just fine now. For some reason it does not work for the "My Music" folder that is located on my desktop. When I run syncback for this folder I get the network error that the path does not exist. I try to modify the path but then I get the following error:

Windows cannot access <Music Folder>
You do not have permission to access <Music Folder>. Contact your network administrator to request access.

Note that I am the network administrator as this is my home network.
Also note that I do not see either path under Network in File Explorer on my laptop but the RPG folder syncs just fine.

I have double checked and ensured the permissions are set the same on both folders between both computers.

Whatever the issue is I am missing something here. I have no idea why one drive will share just fine but the other will not yet they both have the same settings on them for sharing.

Note that I just tried to do the sync from my desktop this time but I have the same issue in that it will not access the My music folder on my laptop.
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: Unable to sync the My Music folder

Post by mmullins_98 »

There are several ways to access your Music folder. The website at the link below may show you something worthwhile to share the right folder.

https://winaero.com/move-music-folder-windows-10/
Madmaxneo

Re: Unable to sync the My Music folder

Post by Madmaxneo »

Thanks, but I figured out what the issue was. I only gave myself access but apparently it can't be shared unless I make it shared to "everyone". Oh well.