Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Error 0xfffff95 when run mirror backup on windows 10

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
ToSt

Error 0xfffff95 when run mirror backup on windows 10

Post by ToSt »

Hello Forum,

I am trying to send a backup in SyncBackFree from my users directory to my external hard drive. The destination folder was empty. I am getting a failure message, although it looks like it is mostly correct when I looked through it - docs, pics, profiles for Mozilla products were there...

The error code was 0xfffff95. Here was the only article I could find about it. I don't understand what it means: https://help.2brightsparks.com/support/solutions/articles/43000520259-exit-error-codes-e-g-0xffffff95

I'm able to run other file backups without an error, like just docs or just the mozilla profiles or just the pictures. I am trying to get a backup that has everything in it.

The log said it had 62 critical errors.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

- Toni
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Error 0xfffff95 when run mirror backup on windows 10

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

0xFFFFFF95 is an error code returned from Windows Task Scheduler, which means "The profile run failed". The actual cause of the error is stated in the log file, which you can refer to for more details. Select the profile > right click > select View Log from the pop-up menu. Then click on Errors link (on the top of the log file) to see the reason for failure.

Thank you.
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Post by mmullins_98 »

I had this error once and changing the Windows Scheduler to "Run only when user is logged on" fixed it.
ToSt

Post by ToSt »

Hi Swapna,

Thanks for your help. I see the error log, but it only tells me there are 72 critical errors. Not what they are or how to fix them. See here: file:///C:/Users/marc-/AppData/Local/2BrightSparks/SyncBackFree/Logs/Nightly%20Data_Log_Page1.html.

Why does this file not run and the others do? Can it not backup the data in the area close to c:?

I appreciate your help!

- Toni
ToSt

Post by ToSt »

Hi mmmulins_98!

Thanks for your help. I wouldn't want to run it when files are open and changing. This would be backing up things I would be working on. I run my backups at night, when I'm not working.

If I change that setting, would it still run at night?

Thank you so much!!

- ToSt
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Post by mmullins_98 »

Changing to "Run only when user is logged on" would not change the time that it runs. if you don't log off it can still use your permissions.
ToSt

Post by ToSt »

Awesome! I'll try it tonight!

I really appreciate your making time to explain it to me. I understand now.

Thank you!
- ToSt
ToSt

Post by ToSt »

Dear mmulins_98,

I can't find that option. What sub-menu is it in in the Profile Set Up Menu?

Thank you very much,
ToSt
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Post by mmullins_98 »

Select the profile you are having trouble with, then click on "Schedule" at the bottom of your home view, then click on the "Settings" tab that opens and you will see "Run only when user is logged on".
ToSt

Post by ToSt »

Hi again,

I'm sorry, but I cannot find schedule or a settings tab. My schedule is set up in When. That submenu doesn't have a settings tab. I'm on SyncBackFree v9.

I posted a picture of what I see in case that helps.

Your help is greatly appreciated! - ToSt
Attachments
SyncBackFree.png
SyncBackFree.png (50.49 KiB) Viewed 6573 times
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Post by mmullins_98 »

OK, no problem, just click on "Edit Schedule" in that view then click on the "Settings" tab.
ToSt

Post by ToSt »

Found it! I'll see what happens when it runs tonight. I hoping for a success!
You've been very patient and helpful. I really appreciate it! - ToSt
ToSt

Post by ToSt »

There were even more errors. Each time I run it, the count increases. It was 80 this time, so I deleted the profile. Now I am trying to backup my emails. I set it exactly like it was on the old machine. When the new machine ran, I lost all the new emails and my replies to people that were sent are gone. The email from SyncBack was gone, so I finally found this post with your quick links. I went into my Quicken, and it lost all the files I had downloaded last Wednesday.

I am using mirror because that it what is was on the old machine. I checked all the settings, so I don't understand why it changed the file on the source. I changed the type of run from mirror to backup last night. It left the emails alone this time. I can't use that for backing up my documents because I want it to delete files from the destination that are not on the source. Any ideas?

Thanks so much for your help!!
ToSt
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Post by mmullins_98 »

Sorry for your problems but among other things you never mentioned emails. Hopefully someone else can understand and help you.