Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Error 225 in copy job - Virus or unwanted software found

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
HannoMüller

Error 225 in copy job - Virus or unwanted software found

Post by HannoMüller »

Since the last version, and also in the recent freeware version of SyncBack free, 9.4.1.1, I cannot do any more copy jobs from my local computer hard disk to an external USB drive.
Every single copied file takes about 10-20 seconds and gives the same error message:
Eror, copy from source failed: File (225) could not be copied, task could not be completed, becaus the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software.

The original error message in German reads:
Fehler: Kopieren von Quelle fehlgeschlagen: Datei (225) konnte nicht kopiert werden: Der Vorgang konnte nicht erfolgreich abgeschlossen werden, da die Datei einen Virus oder möglicherweise unerwünschte Software enthält.

I run AVG Internet Security (free) on my computer. When I disable realtime scanning, the files copy fast without any problems. I read in a forum that with Avast Antivirus software (the same manufacturer) you have to exclude the path C:\Program Files (x86)\2BrightSparks from realtime scanning and then reinstall Syncback free. This did not work.
Strangely, AVG itself shows no virus detection in the logs.

Did anyone experience the same effect?
Thank you in advance,
Hanno
Arthia

Re: Error 225 in copy job - Virus or unwanted software found

Post by Arthia »

Hello,

You may try put the SyncBack Free folder as 'exclusion' in Avast. I had the same issue with Sophos Antivirus. So I turned off App Reputation feature and it worked.