Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Syncback Crashing Windows 10?

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
genveers
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Syncback Crashing Windows 10?

Post by genveers »

I have a strange behavior that I have never seen since using SyncbackFREE. Installed Windows 10 build 20H2 clean. User name has password.

After installing Syncbackfree I imported some old profiles and created new ones. This happens in either one. Once I get the profiles all setup in their settings, I then try to set a schedule to run. When I do this I get the your profile does not have a schedule, do you want one and I say Yes

Then a popup appears asking for the password to the computer name/user name so I enter it. Then what happens is that Windows throws up a popup that says that an error occurred and that the system is going to restart. Close any apps I have open. System restarts and i am back to trying to setup a schedule.

I am not sure what is causing this and I have never seen this happen ever since I have used Syncbackfree. Any possible fixes? I deleted profile, created new ones and same thing happens. Created new profiles that have never been created and same thing happens.

Syncbackfree 9.4.2.15
A/V Norton ISE (I am wondering if Norton is locking some file which Syncbackfree needs?)

Thank you
genveers
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Re: Syncback Crashing Windows 10?

Post by genveers »

Just wanted to add some screen, file name

Syncback Issue - this one shows when I was just editing the time from 9am to 1am. Once I hit OK----

Syncback Issue1 - this is what Windows does. Then after about like 30 seconds the whole system reboots

If I go back to see if the change took, it does not.

Any help would be great

Thank you
Attachments
Syncback Issue1.JPG
Syncback Issue1.JPG (42.52 KiB) Viewed 2013 times
Syncback Issue.JPG
Syncback Issue.JPG (43.2 KiB) Viewed 2013 times