Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Copying a profile with "Ignore new files/folders" breaks *_sel.db files

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
sbfpls

Copying a profile with "Ignore new files/folders" breaks *_sel.db files

Post by sbfpls »

With SyncBackFreeV9.4.2.15 on Windows10x64 make a new Profile ("First"), in "Choose sub-directories and files" set the 2 top options to "Ignore new files" and "Ignore new folders", run it, make a copy of it ("Second"), add a new file to Source folder, set the 2 top options to "Include", run Second:
it should detect a change (the new file) and do something about it, but it just appears "no differences were found"; delete Second_sel.db and it works, restore it again and it doesn't.

I already sent a bug report, but I got "freeware users are not eligible for ticketed technical support", so maybe the issue is only on my end?

Is it safe to delete *_sel.db files once in a while?
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Copying a profile with "Ignore new files/folders" breaks *_sel.db files

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

This is not a bug. I have answered via your parallel support ticket.

Thank you.