Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Network Connection Lost

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
slicetwo

Network Connection Lost

Post by slicetwo »

Hello. I have been rocking SBF for a few years now and I am currently using v9.4.3.0. I use it to back up USB drives but I keep getting a Network connection lost error when I try and run my backups. I can't figure out what's going on. Any ideas?

Thanks!
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: Network Connection Lost

Post by mmullins_98 »

More info please. What kind of network exactly, what OS, how long does it run before error, is it always using the same usb device, what kind of device, can you tell if the error comes from the OS or SBF, is the error exactly "Network connection lost error" with no error code number or additional wording?
slicetwo

Post by slicetwo »

Good morning. Thanks for the response. I def. missed some info! Haha

Windows 10 pro 64bit copying from my internal SSD to the CF card mounted in an Octatrack MKII. All I get is "Network connection lost, attempting to reconnect..." It literally runs for like 5 seconds before the error pops up, but this is after it's done the scans to see what needs to be copied/deleted. When I take the CF card out of the unit and put it in a dedicated reader, I get the same errors. Under the red ERRORS notification, this is what is shown:

Profile Name: Octatrack
Left: G:\Julian Tracks\0 - HARDWARE\Elektron\Octatrack\Set001
Right: E:\Set001
Trigger: Manual
---
12/16/2020 7:51:33 AM
\0 - TEMPLATE
Error: Failed to copy from Right : Safe copy failed. Failed to rename temp file: A directory already exists with that name

12/16/2020 7:51:58 AM
\0 - TEMPLATE\arr01.strd
Error: Failed to copy from Left : Cannot create folder: E:\Set001\0 - TEMPLATE\ (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)

12/16/2020 7:52:23 AM
\0 - TEMPLATE\arr01.work
Error: Failed to copy from Left : Cannot create folder: E:\Set001\0 - TEMPLATE\ (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)

Before the v9 update, all my syncing worked totally fine. When I run the same type of syncing with my external SSD that backs up more stuff, including what's being backed up above, it works fine.
slicetwo

Post by slicetwo »

I figured out the problem. There was a folder or something on the CF card that was corrupted and was causing the issue. So weird! All good now!