Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

[Request] Tree view in differences window

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
poisonborz

[Request] Tree view in differences window

Post by poisonborz »

I'm a huge fan and long time user of SyncBack - especially as it had steadily improved during the years. There is just one gripe I have with it which is still unsolved. On a profile run, if the change is more than 100+ files, The differences window is barely usable. It's just one huge, long list of files.

It would be awesome to have some sort of tree view to this. I understand it is not easy to do with how this window was thought to work. So here is an idea: an optional sidebar to the existing differences view, which would show all the folders involved in the operation in a tree. On the right side, only the files in the selected folder would be shown. Clicking on the root of the tree would show all files (=what is shown now).

Besides better ordering, this would open up further possiblities, like one could even select/deselect a checkbox next to folders to skip all files in that folder.