Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

My Folders won't copy but all the files do?

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
jackdashack
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

My Folders won't copy but all the files do?

Post by jackdashack »

I've used SyncBack a long time. But, having set it up way back then I've forgotten how, or it seems simple but it's not doing what I'd like, and I know it does and will. My PC crashed and now rebuilding it I want Syncback monitoring it again. But very simply.
'
All I want is for Syncback to copy a Desktop Folder with files to an External HDD as a folder with files. It copies all the files but not in the folder. Therefore if I have 8 folders I want resident on the Ext.HDD it's a bunch of files and no folder. So at one time I got this right, long ago. But it's been so long since I modified a profile I can't remember how to get this done. FOLDER ON DESKTOP>FOLDER ON EXT. HDD. That's all. Simple.

I'm not sure in the subdirectories to choose Right Left or Right/Left. etc. So many variables I don't need.

I'd appreciate any help to this, I'm sure, simple resolution to many of you! Thanks! jack ":-Dx :roll:
jackdashack
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Re: My Folders won't copy but all the files do?

Post by jackdashack »

I think possibly I may have stumbled onto it again. I'll see.