Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Access Denied when trying to schedule

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
Soundchasr

Access Denied when trying to schedule

Post by Soundchasr »

I'm syncing to my Diskstation. I set up one profile to sync a folder and the scheduling went fine. However, everyone I try to sync now cannot be scheduled - I get access denied when I enter my password. Not sure what to do to fix and not sure why the first one worked....

Appreciate any help.
DrOldies

Re: Access Denied when trying to schedule

Post by DrOldies »

I have a similar problem but I don't have a Windows 10 password. After scheduling my 1st sync went ok, I receive the following error for any new schedule:
"Enter your Windows logon password for xxx. If you do not have a password simply press OK."
Clicking OK does not work.
nickr54

Post by nickr54 »

Same problem - After an in-situ upgrade from Windows 7 Pro 64 bit to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, my scheduled profiles are no longer scheduled.
When I try to schedule them it asks for a Windows logon password, which I enter correctly but I get an Access Denied dialog box ...
nickr54

Post by nickr54 »

nickr54 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:37 pm
Same problem - After an in-situ upgrade from Windows 7 Pro 64 bit to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, my scheduled profiles are no longer scheduled.
When I try to schedule them it asks for a Windows logon password, which I enter correctly but I get an Access Denied dialog box ...
Meanwhile a test on a fresh Windows virtual machine, logged in as a standard user with UAC defaults (same as user in original problem), I don't get Access Denied - so it's not a lack of privileges for setting up a task in Windows Scheduler. Will try again on upgraded system by seeing if can manually set up task directly in Windows Task Scheduler ...
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Post by mmullins_98 »

Although this may be a bug, you can enter or change a schedule without the error by starting Syncback doing "Run as Administrator".
jackdashack
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by jackdashack »

I thought of this run as admin. Did it and still asks for password. My admin account was never set up with a password. I live by myself and I don't need to be using password. What is the fix here if run as administrator doesn't work?
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Post by mmullins_98 »

I suggest you provide the details of your problem.
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

With the release version of SyncBack, you can create a schedule task without password. Click on the schedule drop-down button at the bottom of SyncBack main-window and select "Run only when the user is logged on" to create a schedule task without password.

*Note when you configure the schedule task to run only when logged-in, you need to ensure that you are logged-into Windows prior to the schedule run. If not, the schedule task will fail to run.

Thank you.
nachomur

Post by nachomur »

Hi

i have the same problem... no login password and still get the same error...

i tried running as admin, or running directly from the Schedule button, always the same results...

thanks a lot for your support.

Ignacio
juankax

Post by juankax »

Hello,

I am another with the same problem.

please help support
warhen

Post by warhen »

With all respect and gratitude, WTH? It's been two years since the last post here. The latest version of SB still rejects my Windows password when trying to create a schedule. Any help appreciated; thanks!
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Post by mmullins_98 »

Maybe your expectations are exceeding the intentioned purpose of this forum.

As is stated in pink above; "This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.".
warhen

Post by warhen »

Understood. To all, I found that running as admin solved the issue.