Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Scan failed on [/volumes/passport2/] with error code 1

SyncBack Touch is a cross-platform (Windows, macOS, Linux and Android) file server for use with SyncBackPro and SyncBackSE. It is free to use with SyncBackPro/SE V10 or newer. For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
BS_Wingfield

Scan failed on [/volumes/passport2/] with error code 1

Post by BS_Wingfield »

I have just received a second Mac machine. I have SyncBack touch set up on the first machine and working well
When I try to stipulate a source folder on the new machine I get "Scan failed on [/volumes/passport2/] with error code 1".

Any help would be very much appreciated
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Scan failed on [/volumes/passport2/] with error code 1

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

Since macOS Catalina, the system requires the user to explicitly grant access to applications that require full disk access or to private folders (such as Desktop, Pictures, etc). Please follow the instructions below in order to do so:

- Close the SyncBack Touch application, if it's currently running.
- On your Mac, go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy -> Full Disk Access.
- Click on the lock icon at the bottom left corner and enter your password in order to make changes.
- You should see SyncBack Touch in the list, click the checkbox next to it to allow full disk access. If the application is not in the list then add it manually by clicking on the "+" (plus) button at the bottom of the list.
- Click on the the lock icon to save changes.
- Restart the computer.
- Try running the failed profile again.

SyncBack should be able to access your private folders from now on.

Kostas
[2bs]
BS_Wingfield

Re: Scan failed on [/volumes/passport2/] with error code 1

Post by BS_Wingfield »

Very many thanks, did as you said and now all working!!

Regards
Tony Stephens