Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Delete after verify?

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
morice
Advanced
Advanced

Delete after verify?

Post by morice »

Is it possible to delete files on the source after copy & verify on destination has completed successfully?
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: Delete after verify?

Post by mmullins_98 »

This may do what you want:
Set a profile to do a Mirror
then go to Copy/Delete, & select Verify that files are copied correctly
then look at:
Decisions-Files
What to do if a file exists on Source but not on Destination.
Move file to Destination.
morice
Advanced
Advanced

Post by morice »

Indeed it does move the files, but i'm unsure if it has actually verified anything before doing so.
As the log file shows: Verified (0)

Secondly, i was wondering what action it takes if the verification fails. But the Help already answered this:
When moving files, if the copy cannot be verified, then the source file is not deleted, i.e. it becomes a copy not a move. The verification option is best used with the Make safe copies option also enabled as it ensures that your backup doesn't contain corrupted files. If both these options are enabled then when a file is copied it is first copied to a temporary file, i.e. the destination file is not yet overwritten. If the temporary file does not match the original file then the temporary file is deleted and an error is recorded. Without the safe copies option you will know the copy is corrupt but by then it is too late as the file has already been replaced with a corrupted file.
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

You need to enable Verification option (Modify Profile > Expert > Copy/Delete > 'Verify that files are copied correctly') in the profile to ensure the newly created file on destination is an exact copy of the original file on the source (at the time of copy). Please read 'Data Integrity' article for more details on verification:
https://www.2brightsparks.com/resources ... grity.html

Thank you.
morice
Advanced
Advanced

Post by morice »

Yes, verify is on .. that was the idea!

Question is now why this does not show up in the log?
It is too quick to tell if it actually happened before deleting/moving the file(s).
morice
Advanced
Advanced

Post by morice »

Hi,

So this time i kept an eye on the progress and i definitely saw it verifying a few times, very shortly.
But still the log always shows: Verified (0)

Can someone tell me why this is?
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

If verification is failed, then an error is recorded in the 'Error' section of the log file. The 'Verified' section is for Integrity check option (which is under Modify profile > Expert > Integrity Check), not for Verification.

Thank you.
chandkumar3g

Post by chandkumar3g »

Damm even I am having a similar kind of issue, I have searched all over the internet and even have posted on number of threads on different forum, no solution seems to work. I am really frustrated, can anyone of you here help me resolve this issue, I am very much tired now.
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Please send a support ticket to [email protected] for assistance.

Thank you.