Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

SyncBackFree doesn't pick up new files.

SyncBackFree is the freeware version of SyncBack. It is *not* an evaluation version of SyncBackPro/SE.
Giaruso

SyncBackFree doesn't pick up new files.

Post by Giaruso »

Anyone know why SyncBackFree doesn't put a check mark automatically in the little square for new files and folders added? I have to go into "Choose sub-directories and files" and enter a check mark(s) myself. What setting do I have that is screwed up or am I missing something.
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: SyncBackFree doesn't pick up new files.

Post by mmullins_98 »

I have tried making all three types of profiles and each one has new files and folders already selected. I am on Version 9.4.14.0. What Version are you on? I don't see any check marks for this option just a drop down to select. What type profile are you using? Also are you setting up new profiles or are you importing profiles?
Giaruso

Post by Giaruso »

Thank you for your response.

I am using version V9.4.14.0
Backup type: Mirror
Not setting up new profiles, using same one for every backup.

Thank you.
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Post by mmullins_98 »

Well, all I can say is if you only have one profile then I'd recommend you just change it and move on. If it is doing it on a new profile then let us know. The more information you provide about your problem the better the chance we might help.
Giaruso

Post by Giaruso »

Well, there is nothing more to say than my original post. It all just doesn't seem right. If I create a new file or a folder, I would expect my backup setup would recognize that new file or new folder and automatically place a check mark in the square, which is supposed to identify the item for backup. My setup doesn't do that. Consequently, I have to remember ever file and folder I create during a day-long session, where it is, and go into the backup and manually place a checkmark for every new file or new folder. In my book, that isn't the way a backup should work. The backup should be looking for files and folders not currently in the backup (and those existing files and folders that have been revised) and automatically identify them for BACKUP. Just the same, I truly appreciate your help, thank you.
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Post by mmullins_98 »

Actually you have said a lot more than your original post and maybe I see your problem now. In you profile go to "Choose sub-directories and files" then in about the middle or to the right of your folders make sure you have selected both "Include New Files" and "Include New Folders". If you see "Ignore New Files" and/or "Ignore New Folders" then that is your problem.
Giaruso

Post by Giaruso »

You nailed it! I see also that in the left column with the colored setting icons, I can click on the green circle icon that includes the "+" sign in the center, and that changes all to "Include New Files/Include New Folders." That saves doing things one at a time.

Thank you for your help, M. Mullins.
Dr-Kay

Post by Dr-Kay »

All of the folders and files shown in the Source side have Include New Folders and/or Include New Files on the right side. The files all have a check mark next to them. However, none of the actual new files actually shows up in the list. The newest file in the source list is from 2018. I add new files to the source folders on a weekly or daily basis. Currently, the process runs every 30 minutes, and the disks spin, but nothing is backed up. Any ideas?

TIA

Frank