Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

How to backup from Touch to Google Drive?

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
Davel23

How to backup from Touch to Google Drive?

Post by Davel23 »

I have just purchased Syncbackpro, and I am looking to set up a profile for backing up multiple Touch sources to my Google Drive. When I set the source to Touch the only option I get for destination is internal/external drive, and if I set the destination to Google Drive the only option for source is internal/external drive. From looking at the help file this seems to be the intended functionality, is that correct? If so, why? How can I create a backup meeting my requirements?
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: How to backup from Touch to Google Drive?

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

In SyncBack, if you select a non-standard resource (e.g. SyncBack Touch, FTP, Cloud, MTP, Compression, Encryption) on one side (Source/Destination) then you can only select standard resource (internal, external or network drive) on the other side. This is by the internal design aspects. Please read this KB article for additional details:
https://help.2brightsparks.com/support/ ... 3000336172

Therefore, if your Source is SyncBack Touch then you can’t select cloud on the other side. That means it's not possible to backup files from SyncBack Touch to a cloud server using a single profile.

However, you can achieve this by creating 2 profiles in SyncBackPro:
1. Create a Profile to copy files from SyncBack Touch to a temporary folder on the local drive.
2. Create a second Profile to copy files from temporary folder to cloud server.
3. Create a Group and add those two profiles as members to the group so that when the Group is run the profiles run in a sequence.

Thank you.
Davel23

Post by Davel23 »

Well that's disappointing. I purchased Syncbackpro under the impression that I would be able to back up machines on my network directly to Google Drive via the Touch utility. Can't say this is a pleasant surprise.

How many installs does my Syncbackpro license allow? If I can't do a network backup using Touch I'd at least like to be able to back up my other machines directly.
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

For licensing questions, please send a support ticket to [email protected] for assistance.

Thank you.
kenmoffat

Post by kenmoffat »

I believe Syncback Pro allows only one install. Syncback Free is unlimited.
Is there a reason you can't back up to the computer with Pro installed and then us another profile to back that up to google drive?
(disclaimer: new to Syncback Pro myself))