Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Backup files on both internal storage and external SD card

SyncBack Touch is a cross-platform (Windows, macOS, Linux and Android) file server for use with SyncBackPro and SyncBackSE. It is free to use with SyncBackPro/SE V10 or newer. For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
Edtech

Backup files on both internal storage and external SD card

Post by Edtech »

Is it possible to Backup files on both internal storage and external SD card?

It seems like I can only get one location to sync.

This is my COVID-19 lock down project. I've been meaning to get SyncBack Touch up and running for, well, since it first came out.

Thank you for your help.

Ed
Edtech

Re: Backup files on both internal storage and external SD card

Post by Edtech »

In case someone else has this question, here's the answer found elsewhere on this forum:
  1. Modify the profile > Simple settings page, remove the SyncBack Touch path (\sdcard\) and enter \storage\ in the Touch path
  2. Click on the small folder icon (browse button) next to SyncBack Touch and select the external SD card path (e.g. \storage\xxxx-xxxx\ where xxxx-xxxx is an internal volume ID set by the device) from where you want to backup files
Specifically the forum post was found here:
viewtopic.php?p=52482#p52482

One important note: I originally was confused as to the internal and external storage, which was which in the profile. I did need to make two profiles, one for each, and by doing something on the smartphone which changed either the internal or external storage and then by backing up I could see which was which. I suppose the directory structure should have given it away. So far I can't seem to make a profile to backup both at once so I just created a group profile and included each, internal and external, backup profiles.

I want to thank Swapna for the numerous times that she has helped me.

SyncBack is a well designed and powerful product. With power there will be complexity. Now I'm trying to figure out how to back up two devices.
Storm-_-
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by Storm-_- »

You can use the %SBT_EXTSDCARD% variable:

Choose "Source", Syncback touch (copy from profile)
Change \sd card to \%SBT EXTSDCARD%
Choose "Destination" and enter the destination folder of the files

See https://help.2brightsparks.com/support/ ... or-code-13
Marnik

Post by Marnik »

ne important note: I originally was confused as to the internal and external storage, which was which in the profile. I did need to make two profiles, one for each, and by doing something on the smartphone which changed either the internal or external storage and then by backing up