Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Path to SD card

SyncBack Touch is a cross-platform (Windows, macOS, Linux and Android) file server for use with SyncBackPro and SyncBackSE. It is free to use with SyncBackPro/SE V10 or newer. For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
pro.domo

Path to SD card

Post by pro.domo »

Hello,
I use PC/Windows 10/SynbackPro V9 and Samsung S8+/ Android 9.
I try to create a profile to save PC to SD card.

I KNOW that on SyncbackPro, you need tu enable SD Card (Settings/Misc/Enable/and Save)

I have a problem to create the profile.
SynbackPro has proposed \sd card\ : it doesn't work because it was saved on the internal memory of the phone, not the SD Card.

I have tried to change the path as it was writen on my phone : \storage\1598-0B5D\ : it doesn't work, fail to find...

So, I think that the problem is to find the path...
nicecap

Re: Path to SD card

Post by nicecap »

Hello,

I've got the same problem:
Path in SyncBack Touch Profile is SDCARD but the shown directory is the internal storage of the phone.

No help available?

Chris
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

To backup files to an external SDcard:

1. Modify the profile > Simple settings page, remove the SyncBack Touch path (\sdcard\) and enter \ (backslash) in it

2. Click on the small folder icon (browse button) next to SyncBack Touch and select the external SD card path (e.g. \storage\xxxx-xxxx\ where xxxx-xxxx is an internal volume ID set by the device) from where you want to backup files

3. To write to an external SD card, you should grant access to SyncBack Touch
a. Open SyncBack Touch app on the Android device
b. Go to Menu > Settings > Misc. > Press 'Enable SD Card' button
c. Select the external SD card from the pop-up window and press on Save button in the Settings page to save the changes

​Note, new Android OS versions doesn't allow browsing the root folder for external SD card. Therefore, you may need to know the SD card path prior to the profile run.

Alternatively, you can enter \storage\ in the Touch path to see the contents of external SD card and select the sub-folder with the external SD card ID.

Thank you
wbmsmart

Post by wbmsmart »

Any path I enter now only goes only to the internal storage ("phone"). ... Yeah, I gathered that path from ES File Explorer, /mnt/sdcard/ext_sd.
tramp20
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by tramp20 »

Swapna wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:05 am

Alternatively, you can enter \storage\ in the Touch path to see the contents of external SD card and select the sub-folder with the external SD card ID.
Thank you, that was the only tip that worked on an unrooted smartphone with Android 9.

But this did not work with \emulated\0\.

We need an update for newer Android versions.
MTP is running faster but needs an USB cable.