Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

keystrokes, filter function?

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
focusede

keystrokes, filter function?

Post by focusede »

Hi all

I am talking with support now and wanted to mention this here. As a heavy keyboard I was very happy to see they added a filter for the profiles. So I could locate a profile subset with a small amount of text. For instance, "prod" to get all my profiles that deploy to production, or maybe a customer name to get all of their named profiles. I heavily use syncback pro for deployment scripting.

What I see with the ribbon is that there is no keyboard analog to filter the profiles. While CTRL+F find is global, there is no way to say ALT+V to get to view then tab or CTRL+F to filter. This doesn't make much sense to me. Further, there is no place to see all keystrokes in the documentation.

Further, SB pro seems to have a slightly strange style of UI to it that fights me. There are many patterns out there for searching in a grid. Why not have typed keystrokes in the grid somehow filter on profile name? Or maybe a configurable ribbon or menu system where I can move the functions I care about to be more available or at the shortcuts need? All in all the UI update appears to try to force fit the windows ribbon style into SB where it could have been served with a more customizable standard interface IMO.